From its canals to its world-famous museums and from its historical sights to its nightlife, Amsterdam is one of the most unique and beautiful cities in Europe.
Though Amsterdam is quite small, it has all the advantages of a big city. History, culture, nightlife, international restaurants and excellent public transport. Yet it is also quiet, the air is relatively clean and largely thanks to the signature canals, traffic is light. Qualities like this probably made Amsterdam the #17 most popular tourist destination in the world!
All About Amsterdam is a local’s travel guide to Amsterdam, and provides you with all the authentic information you need for a great and memorable trip to this beautiful city.
Some of the attractions Amsterdam has to offer:
- Wander around the 17th century city center, take a boat tour on the beautiful canals and IJ.
- Visit one of Amsterdam’s many museums. Amsterdam is home to a wide variety of museums: From the world famous Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum to the handbag museum and Heineken Experience
- Shop in the lovely ‘negen straatjes’, the designer shops along the P.C. Hooftstraat, antique shops in the Spiegelkwartier and art galleries in the trendy Jordaan.
- Enjoy a coffee or a beer in one of Amsterdam’s many cafes, sample world cuisine in Amterdam’s restaurants. You’ll find everything from traditional hearty Dutch fare to Thai or Ethiopian food.
- Enjoy the great nightlife with hundreds of bars, clubs and cafes in all shapes, sizes and colours
- Explore Amsterdam’s History. See the secret annexe where Anne Frank hid during world war two, the 17th century canals and architecture, the Rembrandt House, Amsterdam’s many hidden court yards or have a beer in one of the city’s centuries old bars.
- Find out why Amsterdam has been called the Venice of the north. Take a stroll along the Amstel river, enjoy city beaches along the IJ, take a canal cruise, or visit the Markermeer just North of the city.